Because geothermal energy derives from energy from the earth it has become the "green" heating and cooling alternative of choice because it is natural, clean, renewable, reliable, efficient and
inexpensive to operate. Geothermal can be used in residential and commercial applications, in new construction as well as in existing homes or businesses. Geothermal systems are extremely
reliable and efficient and can cut your heating and cooling costs by as much as 70% over conventional heating & cooling systems. Another significant benefit is that it will provide your hot
water at no extra cost.
Geothermal heat pumps offer unmatched benefits over traditional heating and cooling systems, including:
- Reduced operating costs: Can cut heating and cooling cost by 50 to 80% compared to conventional heating & cooling systems.
Never buy oil, propane or natural gas again.
- Lower maintenance costs: All equipment is protected indoors or underground.
- Last longer: A geothermal system can have a life expectancy of up to 30 years; ground loops are often warranted for up to 50 years.
- Single system: Geothermal equipment provides both heating and cooling in one system.
- Indoor comfort: Geothermal systems eliminate the drafts common with conventional forced-air systems.
- Design flexibility: Geothermal systems can be easily and inexpensively subdivided or expanded to fit building remodeling or additions.
- Energy efficiency: A geothermal heat pump can move more than three units of heat energy for every one unit of electrical energy used to power the system.
- Safety: No combustion of fossil fuels eliminating the dangers of gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Environmental impact: Ground-source heat is naturally renewable and non-polluting.